Become a Friend
Join the Friends of the Charterhouse and become a part of our unique community.
The Friends of the Charterhouse contribute vital funds towards maintaining our buildings, collections and essential conservation works. Support also ensures that we can bring the history of the Charterhouse to life for visitors, provide community engagement programmes, enrich the lives of our Brothers, and sustain the future of this much-loved piece of London’s history.
We offer a range of Friends memberships with exclusive benefits:
Supporter (£75) Joint Supporter (£130)
• Priority notice and discounted entry for our programme of public events
• Free entry to the annual Friends’ Summer Party, Christmas Carol Concert and Thomas Sutton Lecture
• Quarterly Friends newsletter
• Free tour of the Charterhouse for you and a guest (worth £30)
• 10% discount in the Charterhouse shop and on selected tours
• Book a room for up to seven nights at the Charterhouse*
Associate (£600) All the above, plus:
• Free entry to the Charterhouse lecture programme
• Book a room for up to an additional seven nights at the Charterhouse*
• Biannual Charterhouse magazine, written by the Brothers
• Opportunity to be acknowledged on the website
• Special offers on selected items in the Charterhouse shop
• Invitations to private views and special tours (subject to availability)
Governors’ Circle (£2,500) All the above, plus:
• A one-night complimentary stay in one of our guest rooms*
• Free entry to Charterhouse events and courses
• Invitation for two to a free Curator-led tour of the Charterohuse, including our reserve collections
• Invitation to a special annual event hosted by a Governor of the Charterhouse
• Invitation for you and three guests to a VIP evening tour or a summer tour with the Head Gardener
Thomas Sutton Circle (£5,000) All the above, plus:
• Preferential rates for a drinks reception or dinner in the Great Chamber
• Invitation to lunch with the Master and the Brothers in the Great Hall
*Subject to availability and terms and conditions.
Join, or renew your membership
The Development Office
London EC1M 6AN
To set up a direct debit as a Supporter (£75 annual payment) click here.
To set up a direct debit as a Joint Supporter (£130 annual payment) click here.
To set up a direct debit as an Associate (£600 annual payment) click here.
To take out an annual membership by paying by debit/credit card, please select your preferred membership option via the button below. You can also buy a gift membership.
Additional payment options:
Please send your cheque made payable to ‘Sutton’s Hospital in Charterhouse’ together with your completed Friends Registration Form to the address above.
Please use the following bank details for making a bank transfer and use reference ‘Friends [insert surname]’
Account number: 90883298
Sort code: 20-65-82
Account name: Sutton’s Hospital in Charterhouse
For further information about the Friends programme, including the purchase of Friends membership as a gift, or details of alternative ways of supporting the Charterhouse, please email email@example.com.